3 Minute Read:
Are you planning to increase your breast size with implants and want to know about your scarless breast augmentation option?
This option uses the armpit or transaxillary incision and leaves no scars on the breast, giving this technique the name of “scarless breast augmentation.”
The technique of scarless breast augmentation is gaining popularity faster than ever.
The following information will help you understand all the benefits of choosing the transaxillary incision for the placement of breast implants.
What Are Your Implant Incision Options and Their Benefits?
Breast augmentation is most often performed using one of three incision types:
- Inframammary or crease – This incision is made along the crease under the breasts, which provides direct access and can accommodate the largest breast implants.
- Periareolar or nipple – This incision is made along the bottom half of the areola allowing the scar to be hidden by the pigmented areolar skin.
- Axillary or transaxillary – This incision is made within a natural crease in the armpit and leaves no scars on the breast. This involves an endoscopic technique.
Possible Drawbacks of Specific Breast Implant Incisions
- The periareolar incision limits implant size and can result in changes in sensitivity and possible interference in breastfeeding.
- Axillary and inframammary incisions are safe for women who want to preserve their breastfeeding abilities. However, like periareolar incisions, the axillary option often has breast implant size limitations with silicone implants and requires an expert scarless breast augmentation surgeon like Dr. Adrian Lo.
Breast Implant Size Limits With Scarless Breast Augmentation
Many cosmetic surgeons will only place saline implants through the transaxillary incision. However, highly skilled plastic surgeons can deliver ideal results with gummy bear or silicone implants inserted through an axillary incision.
The main reason saline implants are used during scarless breast augmentation is that they are inserted when empty and filled after being placed in the breast pocket. Silicone implants are prefilled and therefore larger and may be more difficult to place in the breast pocket.
However, skilled and experienced scarless breast augmentation surgeons know how to perform this technique with larger silicone or gummy bear implants (up to 600 cc or larger). Dr. Lo is one of these surgeons and routinely performs large silicone breast augmentation through the armpit or transaxillary incision.
Dr. Lo uses a “no-touch” funnel technique which allows him to place large silicone or gummy bear implants easily and without any damage to the implant.
Choosing a Scarless Breast Augmentation Surgeon
A board-certified plastic surgeon with a proven track record of achieving excellent results is essential when undergoing any plastic surgery procedure. With scarless breast augmentation, you want to research plastic surgeons thoroughly before scheduling your consultation.
If you can’t find a well-qualified local plastic surgeon and are set on the scarless approach, consider traveling out of town for your procedure.
Dr. Adrian Lo is well-known for his unrivaled abilities placing large breast implants through armpit incisions in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware.
Unlike many plastic surgeons who perform scarless breast augmentation, Dr. Lo is skilled at endoscopic surgery and uses this technology to help ensure your safety and proper placement of saline and silicone breast implants. An endoscope is a thin tube equipped with a camera that is used to assist the creation of the pocket for the implant.
Dr. Lo performs endoscopic scarless breast augmentation on an outpatient basis using general anesthesia and a pain-minimizing protocol. The procedure typically lasts about 45 minutes, with time off work ranging from three to five days.
Scarless Breast Augmentation in Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Lo is dedicated to helping his patients meet their cosmetic goals with precision for their safety and the best possible results.
His preferred breast augmentation incision location is the armpit, so his experience with the scarless method is extensive and allows him to place a wider range of implant sizes this way.
Dr. Lo also conducts scarless breast augmentation consultations in Marlton, New Jersey, for the convenience of his patients in New Jersey.