How to make your Liposuction Surgery a Positive and Rewarding Experience
- Understand your goals and wishes and tell them clearly to your Plastic Surgeon.
- Be realistic and honest with yourself. Some body areas can be significantly improved and other areas only minimally. Listen to your Plastic Surgeon regarding the amount of improvement that can be expected and what your outcome might be.
- Tell your Plastic Surgeon your complete medical history and all other important information.
- Advise your Plastic Surgeon regarding all medications you are taking including vitamins, herbal medications, alcohol, tobacco and drugs.
- Avoid all aspirin, ibuprofen (eg. MotrinTM, AdvilTM etc.) and anti-inflammatory medications at least 10 to14 days before surgery. Be careful of taking over the counter cold or sleep medications that may contain aspirin. Herbal medications will need to be stopped at least 2 weeks prior to surgery. Failure to stop medications may result in more bleeding, bruising and permanent discoloration.
- Listen to your Plastic Surgeon's instructions and wear the compression garment as advised.
- Resume your exercise program when instructed and continue to tone your muscles underneath the areas treated with liposuction.
- Be realistic; wait for about 6 months to 1 year to see the final result. If there is still some fat left in certain areas, you may decide to return for more treatment. It is far preferable to have a second treatment rather than having too much removed the first time. A touch up liposuction can often be performed under local anesthesia in the office.
Before & After Photos
Look and see what plastic surgery can do for you!
Contact Dr. LoFOR MORE INFORMATION
3D Face, Breast and Body Imaging
This 3D imaging system allows us to plan your surgery accurately and give you a real idea of your new look.
After 34 years I finally decided to have plastic surgery. This decision did not come easily so my decision on who was to perform my surgery was even more important. After researching and meeting with top doctors across Philadelphia, your professionalism, your friendly and caring staff, and most important your track record of incredible results stood clearly above the rest. Every time I had a question or concern you were right there. You made me feel like your most important patient from our first consultation to my post-operative visit. From your warm bedside manner to a personal follow up call the day after I was thoroughly impressed. My results are incredible and I feel incredible. I wholeheartedly recommend you to anyone who is considering a top Surgeon. Thank you for impacting my life! You're the best!