for Moms like you!
After pregnancy and childbirth, women may find that they have some remaining fat in the abdomen, love handles, thighs and buttocks. Their breasts may become deflated and saggy, and there may be loose skin on the tummy. Even with dieting and exercise, it doesn't seem to help.
A Mommy Makeover by Dr. Lo can help you to look and feel your best after pregnancy. This involves a combination of procedures such as breast augmentation, tummy tuck, liposuction and more. It is designed to reverse the effects of childbearing and contour your body to the way it was before, and often even better!
Contact Dr. Lo today to find out more about our Mommy Makeover!
REFRESH and RENEW your body after childbirth!
Dr. Adrian Lo specializes in the very popular “mommy makeover”, which is any combination of cosmetic plastic surgery procedures that restores your body to the appearance before pregnancy. The mommy makeover procedures correct the changes to your body that may have happened with pregnancy and breast feeding. The procedures usually include, but is not limited to: breasts, abdomen and labia. A typical makeover often includes a tummy tuck with a breast procedure, such as breast implants with or without a breast lift. Often, women add in the labiaplasty surgery, to correct labial changes due to pregnancy.
Mommy Makeover is also known as the “post-pregnancy” surgery:
“Mommy makeover” may be a new term, but the procedures involved have a long, successful, and safe track record since 1991 with Dr. Adrian Lo.
Dr. Adrian Lo is one the busiest plastic surgeons specializing in breast implant surgery and tummy tuck surgery. He has been performing these procedures helping patients in the Philadelphia region, surrounding states and even for patient’s worldwide.
You may be an ideal candidate for the Mommy Makeover procedure if:
- You have loose skin on your abdomen and your abdomen is no longer flat despite exercising and getting back to your prepregnant weight.
- You look like you are pregnant even though you are not, because your abdominal muscles are stretched.
- You had a C-section and now you have the “shelf”, a roll of skin and fat hanging over your C-section scar.
- You have stretch marks that you would like to get rid of as much as possible.
- You have extra fat on your waist, abdomen or thighs that will not budge with dieting and exercise.
- You have deflated breasts, breasts that have lost volume or become much smaller with pregnancy.
- You have breasts that are saggy or hang making it difficult to fit into bras and are unattractive.
- Your post-pregnancy breasts are too large and cause back pain.
- Your labia are large, stretched, uneven, darker in color and are not attractive or get in the way of clothing or exercise
The Tummy tuck in a Mommy Makeover (also known as Abdominoplasty)
What are the issues?
Before your pregnancy, most likely you were in pretty good shape, watched your diet and exercised regularly, and even if you didn’t you were pretty happy with the way your abdomen or “stomach” looked. During your pregnancy, you watched your abdomen or “stomach” get bigger as you carried your child. You were probably wondering if after childbirth, whether your abdomen would ever be the same or return to the appearance it was before.
Unfortunately, it often does not. The abdomen stays stretched resulting in loose skin, stretch marks, fat deposits and a bulging abdomen due to loose muscles that make you still look a little pregnant. You try your best by exercising and dieting and the abdomen still looks the same.
At this point you will need to have an evaluation by Dr. Adrian Lo, to see if you are a candidate for a tummy tuck procedure to get your abdomen back to the way it was before and sometimes even better.
What it does?
Tummy tuck in a mommy makeover removes loose, excess skin, removes excess fat, tightens the abdominal muscles, removes stretch marks below the belly button and shapes the love handles.
How it is done?
- Dr. Lo will remove most of the excess skin and fat between the belly button and pubic hair in a horizontal oval section.
- The skin above the belly button is also tightened and smoothed out.
- The abdominal muscles are repaired and reapproximated in the midline, putting them back where they should be. This makes you flatter and gives you better core strength. With pregnancy, the abdominal muscles (rectus abdominus) are often stretched and pulled apart. This causes weakness or decreased core strength. This may also make you look like you have a midline hernia or look like you are still pregnant. The medical term for this condition is called “rectus diastasis”
- The skin around the belly button is repositioned and the belly button is brought out through a small opening and placed in its normal position. Therefore, there will be a scar all around the edge of the belly button.
- Unwanted or extra fat deposits will be removed and shaped with liposuction.
- The incision, which typically runs from hip to hip will leave a scar that falls along the natural crease within the bikini line. The length and visibility of the scar varies depending on what needs to be done to give you the best result possible.
- During your mommy makeover consultation with Dr. Lo, your abdomen will be examined to see what is recommended to get your abdomen back to normal and as flat as possible.
- For my information on tummy tucks click here.
Second: Breasts Implants in a Mommy Makeover (also known as Breast Augmentation)
What are the issues?
With pregnancy alone and with breast feeding, your breasts will lose volume, get smaller or deflate and have varying degrees of loose skin or sagginess. During your consultation with Dr. Adrian Lo, he will determine whether you need just your size and volume restored with breast implants which is preferred. Sometimes you may also need to have a mini breast lift and occasionally a full breast lift procedure with your breast implant procedure. If you have enough breast tissue or you do not want to have breast implants, then only a breast lift will be recommended.
Often with the breast implant procedure, women will often want to enhance their breasts, making them bigger than what they were before pregnancy but still look natural and
What it does:
Breast implant surgery or breast augmentation in a mommy makeover restores the volume of the breasts, using silicone(“Gummy Bear”) or saline breast implants. (have a picture of breast implants). If additional breast lift is required or reshaping of the breasts is necessary, then a mini breast lift or full breast lift will be performed.
During your consultation with Dr. Lo, your goals and wishes will be discussed and time is spent determining the best size for you with our bra sizing kit and 3D Vectra breast imaging machine.
How is it done?
The breast implants are placed through a small incision in the armpit. This is the most popular way to put the implant in and this is Dr. Lo’s “Scarless Breast’” technique for placing saline or silicone implants without any visible scars on your breast. This way, nobody will know that you have breast implants. You may also place the implant through a small incision underneath the breast (crease incision) or around the bottom of the nipple (periareolar incision). During your mommy makeover consultation with Dr. Lo, he will discuss with you your options and what would be best for you.
Breast Implants can also be placed below and above the muscle depending on your goals and wishes.
During your consultation, you will be shown the different types and styles of implants; saline or silicone and you will pick the best implant for you in discussion with Dr. Lo.
Breast Implants with Breast Lift
Some women may require a breast lift with their breast implants to achieve fullness with projection and roundness of the breast. There are two types of breast lifts, the Lollipop lift or the Anchor (inverted T lift). Dr. Lo does not perform a breast lift unless it is absolutely necessary and tries to restore the breast appearance with breast implants only.
How is it done?
The breast implants whether saline or silicone (“Gummy Bear”) are placed first to give the size that the women desires and then the breast lift procedure is done next.
Breast lift incisions vary, depending on the amount of excess skin, the position of your nipples, your preference, and Dr. Los recommendations. Dr. Lo strives to keep the incisions as short as possible to avoid long scars. Dr. Lo will show you pictures of before and after breast lift surgeries so you have an idea what to expect from the scars and potential look of the breasts. Most women don’t mind the breast lift scars.
The nipple and areola are repositioned to the normal level on the middle of the breast mound. (Note that nipples and areolas usually remain attached to underlying mounds of tissue, which means you should have normal nipple sensation and the ability to breastfeed.) If needed, the size of the areola can be reduced by excising skin around the perimeter. Dr. Lo will then tighten the remaining skin when closing the incisions.
Breast Reduction in Mommy Makeover
What are the issues?
During pregnancy with or without breast feeding, the breasts become much larger and then stay large after childbirth causing heaviness, back and neck pain, poor posture and inability to fit clothes. Breast reduction corrects this by removing the extra breast tissue giving you the cup size that you desire that is natural and proportionate and making you feel more comfortable.
How is it done?
- Dr. Lo will make incisions on your breasts and surgically remove excess fat, glandular tissue, and skin.
- Dr. Lo will reposition the nipple and reduce the areola if necessary by removing the surrounding skin.
- Then he will lift, and shape underlying breast tissue and then bring the incisions together to reshape the now smaller breasts. The skin is closed with dissolvable stitches.
- Dr. Lo performs a special breast reduction technique called the “No Vertical Scar” breast reduction which eliminates the up and down scar.
Liposuction in Mommy Makeover
What it does:
When Dr. Lo performs a tummy tuck, he includes liposuction of the abdomen and flanks or love handles to match the tummy tuck which mainly works on the front area of your tummy.
However, you may need additional liposuction in other areas such as the thighs, legs, posterior flanks and back, buttocks and arms.
How is it done?First small incisions are made near where the fat is to be removed with liposuction. This will not be necessary if you are having a tummy tuck as liposuction may be performed through the tummy tuck incision or cut. Dr. Lo uses the tumescent technique of liposuction where a sterile fluid is injected first to loosen up the fat and decrease pain, bruising and bleeding. Then liposuction is performed with a cannula which is a thin, hollow rod to remove the fat. Dr. Lo also performs an advanced liposuction technique called Ultrasonic Liposuction which he may recommend in your situation.
LABIAPLASTY in Mommy Makeover or reducing the size of your Labia Minora
What are the issues?
With pregnancy or childbirth, your labia may become larger, uneven or be uncomfortable in clothing or when exercising. The skin may become darker or hyperpigmented and thicker. Most women who have labiaplasty just don’t like the way that it looks or how it sticks out or protrudes.
What it does?
Labiaplasty is a procedure that removes excess tissue and trims the labia making the labia smaller, more even and symmetrical and more proportionate.
The Mommy Makeover is a wonderful way to boost your self-esteem and get your body back to the way it was and sometimes even better. Call Dr. Lo’s office today at 215 829 6900 to schedule your immediate consultation and find out what a Mommy Makeover could do for you!