Are You a Candidate for Breast Implants?
You may be a candidate for breast implant surgery if you feel that any of the scenarios listed below apply to you.
- you feel that your breasts are too small and wish to have larger breasts.
- you feel that your breast size is not proportionate to the rest of your body such as your chest, shoulders and hips. This can result in clothing that does not fit properly or not being able to wear clothing that you wish.
- your breasts have become smaller or have lost their volume or shape after having children. Breast augmentation can restore the lost volume and shape to the way your breasts were before pregnancy and breast feeding. If desired, a larger breast size is often possible while still looking natural and proportionate.
- your breasts have become smaller after weight loss, dieting or exercise. Breast augmentation can restore your breast size and shape.
- your breasts are uneven or asymmetrical, breast implants can often significantly improve or correct this condition. Differences in breast sizes can be balanced with breast implants while making the overall breast size larger to your desires.
Breast Augmentation or Breast Enlargement - What Age is Appropriate?
Breast augmentation or breast implant surgery can be performed on women of all ages from 18 years and up. There may be special circumstances where breast augmentation in women younger than age 18 would be appropriate including asymmetric (uneven) breasts and psychological considerations. Breast implants surgery can be considered before having children or when no further pregnancies are planned. Breast feeding is usually possible after breast augmentation. Many older women consider breast implants as a way to regain a more youthful appearance when their breasts begin to lose volume and sag.